Already the seat of cultural events and exhibitions, the castle is also the seat of the Museum of the history of Apricale" where they kept the famous statutes medieval apricalesi of 1267. The manor is inserted in the historic village of the country, on a rocky spur dominant and the underlying sheer. The Feudal castle was erected in the X century approximately by the counts of Ventimiglia and belonged then to the noble family of the Doria. Anciently the structure was equipped with two square towers, very similar to the castle of Dolceacqua, until later one of two towers remained standing was transformed in the bell tower of the nearby church of the purification of the Virgin Mary. In the following centuries it underwent several alterations that transformed the castle into a veritable fortress considered impregnable.
Fill out this form to contact this structure directly